As a business owner who owns a business website for your business, by now, you should know that your website’s ‘About us’ page is one of the pages that are frequently checked whenever someone visits your website.
If you are someone who regularly check your website stats, you might know this.
People want to know what your business is about as well as why they should choose your business over another business. If you don’t properly tell them what your business is about and why they should choose your business over another business, they might be reluctant to purchase your goods or service.
People want to be sure they are choosing the right product and service, as well buying from the right business, that is one of the reasons they read your website ‘About us’ page.
There are so many benefits of your business website’s ‘About us’ page, and here are some of them:
- It helps you to formally introduce your business: your business website’s ‘About us’ page helps you to formally introduce your business and what you can offer your customers in terms of service and/or value.
- It gives readers a quick understanding of your business: your business website’s ‘About us’ page give readers a quick understanding of how your business functions or operate. For instance, for a business that operates only online, a good ‘About us’ page can easily give a reader or potential customer and understanding of that about your business.
- It gives you the opportunity to tell your readers the ‘story’ of your brand: the page also gives you the opportunity to tell your readers why your brand came up, what led to the start of the brand, and so on.
- It gives you the opportunity to talk about your mission and vision: the page can also give you the room to talk about your mission and vision for your business.
- It tells readers why your business should be chosen over another business: if properly structured, and well-written, your website ‘About us’ page gives readers or customers reasons why they should choose your brand over another brand. Sometimes it might not be said outrightly, but subtly and people will understand why they should choose your brand.
- It help to build business credibility for your business: the page also help with building credibility, for instance, if people have heard about your business elsewhere or offline, and they decide to go online and search for your business, and they find that what people say about your business is consistent with you also say about your business; it might build credibility for your brand.
You can see why your business website’s ‘About us’ page is important, however, when writing your business website’s ‘About us’ page, you should note some important things, and here are some of them:
- Make it simple: don’t make the page too complicated for readers to understand or easily figure out what your business is about. If it is too complicated, they might be wondering what your business actually is about.
- Make it legible and appealing to the eyes: use good fonts and give the page the appropriate line spacing and alignment it needs. It is good to make the page appealing to the eyes, so readers can easily read and also want to stay to read what you have written.
- Include pictures if you have to: you can include pictures of your business, your staff, and so on if you choose to.
- Include your business’ achievements: you can also include what your business has achieved before now in your field or area of industry, your community, in the society, and so on.
- Include your USP: what is your unique selling proposition? What differentiates your business or brand from another business or brand? What is that advantage your business has over other businesses?
- Include when the business was established: you can also include when your business was established also.
- It should include the business’s location: you can also include the location of your business e.g the country where the business is located. If your business is online-only, you can also state that.
- Always update it: one of the things you shouldn’t forget to do is to regularly update the page. This is because your business might have achieved more; maybe achieved a milestone, you might have included something significant in your product or service, and so on, that you need to let your customers or prospective customers know. And so, regularly update your business website’s ‘About us’ page.
To get your ‘About Page’ written for you smoothly and communicatively, contact Corporately Lucid today via firstname.lastname@example.org to get it done at a very affordable price.
Don’t forget to share this article also, thank you.